Early detection and counteraction of the risk of type 2 diabetes
Due to the worldwide increase in the number of people with diabetes, the prevention of type 2 diabetes is of great importance.
Answer the following 8 questions to find out about your possible risk to develop diabetes type 2 within the next 10 years. Take your chance and participate in the test!
This is your risk to develop diabetes type 2 within the next 10 years
|Below 7 points|
No increased risk for diabetes. Nevertheless it is important to ensure healthy nutrition and enough exercise.
7 to 11 points
Minimal increased risk for diabetes. Take care about guidelines for a healthy lifestyle.
12 to 14 points
Moderate increased risk for diabetes. Follow the guidelines for a healthy lifestyle and contact your physician for further questions.
15 to 20 points
Clearly increased risk for diabetes. Follow the guidelines for a healthy lifestyle and contact immediately your physician for medical advice.
More than 20 points
Highly increased risk for diabetes – maybe you have already developed diabetes. Contact immediately your physician.
5 important rules for a healthy life
1. Exercise minimum 5 days a week for 30 minutes until you start sweating
2. Only 30% of your daily energy should be supplied from fat
3. Saturated fatty acids (animal based fats) should supply not more than 10% of your daily energy
4. Care for a daily intake of 30g of dietary fibres
5. If overweighed try to reduce body weight for 7%