Blood Glucose Teststrips
for blood glucose measurement with all Wellion CALLA meters
Wellion CALLA blood glucose test strips
a reliable blood sugar value with only a small drop of blood
The convenient Wellion CALLA blood glucose test strips are used with the Wellion CALLA meters (Wellion CALLA Light, Wellion CALLA Classic, Wellion CALLA Dialog and Wellion CALLA Mini) to measure blood glucose levels in fresh capillary whole blood.
The Wellion CALLA meters are perfectly suited for home use as well as for professional use.
- Take a Wellion CALLA blood glucose test strip from the test strip container and close it again immediately. Insert the test strip into the meter to turn it on. The display shows the flashing blood drop symbol and the test strip symbol.
- Press the lancing device (with a fresh lancet) laterally against the fingertip and press the release button to prick and obtain the blood drop.
- Now hold the tip of the test strip at a slight angle into the blood sample. The test strip sucks the blood like a straw. The meter beeps to let you know when there is enough blood for the test. The display shows the countdown, and after a few seconds the result is shown on the display.
- Do not use expired test strips. Check the expiration date printed on the test strip vial and package.
- Close the test strip vial IMMEDIATELY after removing a test strip to protect the remaining test strips from moisture.
- Use test strips immediately after removing them from the vial.
- Do not use wet or damaged test strips.
- Avoid direct sunlight and heat. Store the test strips in a dry, cool environment (not in the bathroom).
- Write the opening date on the test strip vial label. Dispose of the remaining test strips 6 months after they are first opened.
- Dispose of the used test strip and lancet immediately after testing.
Packaging units: 10 pieces or 50 pieces
A Wellion blood glucose test strip is a high-tech product. The test strip consists of different layers in which electrodes are incorporated in a complex process, while a biological substrate - glucose oxidase - is applied in the reaction zone in a precise procedure. Glucose oxidase is an enzyme that reacts highly specifically with the glucose in the blood. This reaction produces electricity, which is converted by the meter into a corresponding blood sugar value and shown on the display.