detect elevated ketone levels and an impending ketoacidosis in time
Detect elevated ketone levels in time
The Wellion GALILEO KET ketone test strips are used in conjunction with the Wellion GALILEO GLU/KET meter to measure the concentration of blood ketones in venous blood or fresh capillary blood from the fingertip.
Wellion GALILEO blood ketone test strips are plasma calibrated to facilitate comparison with laboratory results. They are intended for self-measurement by individuals at home or for use in medical facilities by qualified personnel.
- Remove a Wellion GALILEO Ketone test strip from the foil. Insert the test strip into the meter to turn it on. The display shows the "Ket" symbol, the flashing blood drop symbol, and the test strip symbol.
- Press the lancing device (with a fresh lancet) laterally against your fingertip and press the release button to prick and obtain the blood drop.
- Now hold the tip of the test strip at a slight angle into the blood sample. The test strip sucks the blood like a straw. The meter beeps to let you know when there is enough blood for the test. The display shows the countdown, and after 8 seconds the result is shown on the display.
- Do not use expired test strips. Check the expiration date printed on the test strip foil and package.
- Use test strips immediately after removing them from the foil.
- Do not use wet or damaged test strips.
- Avoid direct sunlight and heat. Store the test strips in a dry, cool environment (not in the bathroom).
- Dispose of the used test strip and the used lancet immediately after measurement.
Packaging unit: 10 pieces, test strips individually foil wrapped
The Wellion GALILEO KET ketone test strip is intended for self-testing by people with diabetes or for healthcare professionals use. The Wellion GALILEO KET blood ketone test strip is not intended for neonatal use or for diagnosis of ketone related illness such as diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA).